Monday, January 21, 2008

Words can't describe

Everyone told me, "I can tell you about it, I can show you pictures, but you will never know the impact til you see it with your own eyes." I thought it couldn't make that big of difference but what an eye opener. Today a group of us,by hand, hauled this substance called "marl" from the bottom of a hill to the top where someone will some day start to build their home. Who knows how long it took them to save just for what will end up being their foundation of a 11x16 home. Before they start they will need to save up enough money to begin construction. I have seen some of the most beautiful people here & their hardships...seen with my own eyes, maybe you should too.
Miss you all very much,
Sheriee Rusk

3 comments:

Church Lady said...

Sheriee, It was GREAT to hear from you! I can't wait to see your pictures and hear your stories! I know you are working as hard as any man! You amaze me! May God BLESS YOU as you enjoy your journey!

Unknown said...

It's Wednesday and its cold here, but the sun is shining. Warmer (40's) by the weekend. The boys opened their cards this morning-James smiled and Willie cried a little. We're all doing fine but I think the whole place is starting to miss you. If you're worrying about Cassie, don't. She's on a med to dissolve crystals in her bladder but should be back to normal by the time you return.

We love you and will see you soon. Remember, it is illegal to transport animals (of any size) across international borders...so don't even think about it. However, we thought you might be missing your goats, so I have shipped them to you. I'm sure that they will be much happier in a warmer climate.

BS Zonkers said...

You go girl . . . we are proud of you and all the others there . . . what a blessing you all receive in your service to God and to others . . . give Jeff & Taylor our best . . .
And since Thomas is shipping you some goats . . . I have sent two dogs . . . take care of them . . .
God's speed . . . be safe . . .