Friday, January 25, 2008

MY LAST DAY IN HARMONS

How the week has flown by. I can't believe tomorrow morning we leave. How much we have learned from these beautiful people. They are our brothers and sisters in Christ.

The question that was asked of me one morning was.... How does working for God satisfy me?
I feel most alive when I am doing things for other people. I love to serve and I love to love on these Jamaicans! They have taught me so much about being satisfied and content with what you already have and that we don't need so much stuff!!!! I am so humbled every time I talk to another person...

I will never forget Jonathan Stergeon. He is an older man in his 80s. We were on our orientation walk and he came down to the road and just praised Jesus like I have never heard. He told us how much he loved us and America. He was so cute! It just takes me back how open and honest they are.

We talked about the Good Samaritan one day. Who is our neighbor? The answer is anyone who is need and anyone that we can show God's grace to. We went to the "poor house" on Thursday. They are the ones that are full of grace. We see them as the "least of these," but to me, they know Who is in control and their hearts are bursting with God's love and grace!

We had Ladies Night last night. The ladies in this community are the ones that are the neglected ones. It was so much fun for all of us doing pedicures, nail painting, card playing, and jewelry making with them. They really seemed to enjoy it too.

I am going to close with this......James 2:5

Listen, my beloved brotheren: has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

Becky Warren

No comments: