Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My time in Jamaica so far has been very moving. Here's what I've observed so far: The people here have less in their whole house than some of us have in one room (some don't even have a house), but they are proud of the little they do have. I have also met some people who have a sweet heart for Christ. I spoke with a young man last night who told me "I am poor, but there are others more poor than me. I thank God for what I have." This is from a man who can't afford to send his children to school and doesn't have the education to find steady work. I'm humbled by his attitude of contentment and convicted by many of the things I allow to cause me discontent. I'm proud to be a part of a group of incredible people on this trip who have sacrificed so much to be here to serve others. I highly recommend that anyone who is able to get away for a few days to serve others. I am receiving more than I could possibly give.

Mary, Ian, and Isaac: I miss you all very much. Daddy will be home soon.

Vince

1 comment:

mongo said...

i didn't see any sweat on you. is it cold there? quit blogging and get back to work!! have fun and be careful. guess who??